On Friday 8/30, we closed our beta survey to new institutions. We ended up with roughly 40 beta partners; about 30 new ones and 10 existing institutions including the Fairmount Park Art Association and the Mutter Museum.
We have two goals during the beta period;
1. To make you, our beta partners, happy.
2. To make your visitors, the people who walk into your space everyday, happy.
The first step is helping you go mobile. We’ve had some delays, but you’ll be in FORGE by Thursday. After that, you can start building your apps and the interactive tours that will run in them.
During this process, we’d love if you’d tell us about your experience; what worked and what didnt, what problems you encountered and when, and what features and functions you’d like to see most. When thinking of features, ask what you would build if you were building it yourself?
We’re trying a few things to aid the launch process;
1. We’re available and accessible - my contact info is in all the emails, as is my calendar at Tungle.me/ayo. Email, call, or schedule a time to chat by phone. I’m happy to talk about anything and everything, from features you’d like to see, to problems you’re having.
2. Surveys, polls, and feedback - we’ll use these in a variety of ways, across social media and within Forge to gauge demand for different features.
3. Releases - we’re on a 3 week release cycle, so we hope to roll out new online and mobile features every couple of weeks
4. Android + Invites - Our Android apps are out this week. We’ll run a similar beta promotion when publishing is ready for Android. You’re all welcome to join, and you’ll all be given invites to bring other institutions into the promotion.
The easiest way to get a sense for what you can do, is to see what’s already out there, so check these out, and give us feedback;
iPhone App for the Mutter Museum: http://bit.ly/muttermuseum
iPhone App for the FPAA’s Museums Without Walls:AUDIO program: http://bit.ly/MWWAudio
Mobile website for the Mutter Museum’s Corporeal Manifestations Exhibit: http://exhibit.juncanoo.com/p/corporeal-manifestations/
Mobile website for the FPAA’s Program: http://exhibit.juncanoo.com/p/tour-1—love-to-logan-square/